There are two types of people: those who like Winter and those who don’t. Unfortunately, we live in Louisville, Kentucky and we get Winter as a season! But don’t get discouraged. We’re going to give you some helpful tips on how to stay warm this Winter!
- Reverse Ceiling Fan. Turn your ceiling fan on low, in reverse to pull warm air down to you. This will help circulate the air and keep you warm!
- Electric Blanket. Will the electric blanket ever go away? NOPE! The electric blanket is a great way to stay warm while not costing you an arm and a leg! Just make sure to turn it off when it’s not in use!
- Natural Sunlight. If you’re not a fan of natural sunlight, during Winter, you need to be! Open those curtains and let the sunshine in! Natural sunlight can heat up your home quickly and it will save you money!
- Use the Oven. The oven can be your saving grace! Try to cook as many meals as you can in the oven during Winter. We would even suggest leaving the oven door open when you’ve finished cooking (supervised of course) to let the warm air fill the room.
- Close off Rooms. Zone heating is one of the best ways to save energy and designate heat in rooms you use.
Hope these hacks are helpful to you! Have any other creative ways you warm your home during Winter? Let us know!